Friday 3 August 2007

DIY H-Shifter

The H-Shifter that I have put on my shopping list will set me back 2270 SEK and in an attempt to reallocate some funds in my budget I am looking at some DIY H-Shifter projects on the net to see if this is something I should also attempt.

It seems like some handy work along with a cheap USB GamePad and the ALShift utility by Act-Labs would go quite far in putting your own shifter together.

I've found some web-pages where people have posted their H-shifters and it will be useful for knowledge, tips and tricks and inspiration:
H-Shifter Project - 8 gears with modification plates for 4+R, 5+R and 6+R plus Sequential Mod
H-Shitfer Project - 6 gear project
Project Web H-Shifer - 6+R project

While looking at these DIY projects I also realised that I haven't really considered the Act-Labs products before. They have a H-shifter that costs $106USD which is a lot cheaper than the one from FrexGP. It comes with 4 extra shifter-plates:

Category: Hardware [cat_hw]

1 comment:

ghostve said...

search for FFShifter in google - basically you can create a shifter from a force feedback joystick - you will find it at the RSC forums under the Build your own hardware section. Hope this helps...