Tuesday 27 November 2007

New Computer and Wheel

Ok, I have now put together the new PC containing the following gear:
  • Intel Quad Core Q6600 overclocked to 3.0GHz
  • Gigabyte DQ6 motherboard
  • 4 GB memory
  • nVidia 8800GTX 768MB
  • 2 x 250GB RAID0 OS/programs/games disk for speed (160MB/sec)
  • 2 x 500GB RAID1 data disk for redundancy
  • Windows Vista 64bit
  • Antec P182 box
  • Corsair 620W PSU

"It's a silent beast :)"

Also, my Red Momo wheel broke so I urgently had to get a new one. I was hoping to wait for the Frex FFB wheel but that is still a few months away so I ended up buying a Logitech G25. I must say that I am VERY happy with this wheel. The G25 pedals are also great but I will still replace them with Cannon Simulation Technologies CST-3B for a more solid construction. Finally, the G25 gear stick is of very cheap quality and will definitely be replaced by another H-shifter, probably the Frex HShift+ still.
Category: My SimRoom [cat_sr]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehum...jag har för mig att du mesade ner den till 2.4ghz igen :P

rfsalter said...

Do you know anyone who will build a frexgp system for a fee?
I am in Boston, MA usa.
Thanks,
Robert
rfsalter@comcast.net